MP3 Available Here
STEVE ATKERSON, President of NTRF (New Testament Reformation Fellowship), will address the theme: "WILL JESUS CHRIST RETURN? An Examination of Hyper-Preterism".
According to our guest, Steve Atkerson:
"Realized eschatology, or full preterism [Hyper-Preterism], is a new belief system about end times events. Full preterism is unique from all other systems (idealism, dispensational futurism, orthodox preterism and historicism) in that it makes the claim that the actual second coming of Jesus has already happened! Not only that, but both the general resurrection of the read and the final judgment are said to be past events...
...In order to justify these claims, full preterism has to redefine historic Christian theology concerning the second coming, the nature of the resurrection of the dead, and the great white throne judgment. In as much as full preterism is the new kid on the theological block, the possibility of it representing the true biblical view of end times is highly suspect. It could better be designated as unorthodox preterism, because the "full" part of preterism is fully error."
During this two-day discussion, Steve Atkerson will seek to refute Hyper-Preterism due to these main points:
1. BIBLICAL STATEMENTS ON THE NATURE OF THE RESURRECTION OF THE DEAD Should Lead To A Rejection of Full Preterism.
2. BIBLICAL STATEMENTS ON THE NATURE OF THE SECOND COMING REQUIRE A REJECTION OF FULL PRETERISM.
3. EARTH-SHATTERING EFFECTS OF THE SECOND COMING & THE GREAT WHITE THRONE JUDGMENT FORCE A REJECTION OF FULL PRETERISM.
4. THE VARIOUS COMINGS OF THE LORD THAT ARE DISTINCT FROM THE SECOND COMING SHOULD LEAD TO A REJECTION OF FULL PRETERISM.
5. THE PHENOMENON OF TELESCOPING PROPHECY IN THE OLD TESTAMENT Would Argue For A Rejection of Full Preterism.
6. THE DOUBLE FULFILLMENT OF SOME OLD TESTAMENT PROPHECIES ALLOWS FOR THE POSSIBILITY OF THE SAME IN NEW TESTAMENT PROPHECIES AND SHOULD MAKE ONE WARY OF FULL PRETERIST CLAIMS.
7. "ALL" IN THE BIBLE DOES NOT ALWAYS MEAN "ALL", MAKING FULL PRETERISM NOT SO FULL.
8. OLD TESTAMENT PROPHETICAL USE OF IMMINENT TIME STATEMENTS:IT AIN'T NECESSARILY SO!THIS ALLOWS FOR A SIMILAR POSSIBILITY IN NEW TESTAMENT PROPHECY AND UNDERMINES FULL PRETERISM.
9. STATEMENTS ABOUT THE TRANSFORMATION AND RAPTURE OF LIVING CHURCH AT SECOND COMING MAKE IT IMPOSSIBLE FOR THE AD 70 JUDGMENT TO HAVE BEEN THE SECOND COMING.
10. CONFIDENCE IN THE HOLY SPIRIT'S ABILITY TO GUIDE THE CHURCH MUST LEAD TO A REJECTION OF FULL PRETERISM.
Find out what Steve Atkerson and many other biblically orthodox Evangelical Christians believe are the great dangers of Hyper-Preterism by tuning in to this important two-day broadcast!
Here are some links to valuable material on this issue: