Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Redditt Andrews III: A Plea For Real Answers: An African-American's Journey into Reformed Christianity

.
MP3 Available Here

Redditt Andrews III, pastor of Soaring Oaks Presbyterian Church (PCA) in Elk Grove, CA, will address the theme: "A Plea For Real Answers: An African-American's Journey into Reformed Christianity".

Tonight's theme is taken from the title of the chapter Pastor Andrews contributed to the book "Glory Road: The Journeys of Ten African-Americans into Reformed Christianity" (see http://www.crossway.org/search?q=Glory+road ).

As our put it when describing his personal journey into Reformed Christianity, "Though I regularly read the Scriptures, I was drowning in questions for which I had no answers. I consulted commentaries only to discover they differed among themselves, and I wasn't sure how to decide which was right. I began again to be interested in more formal training. This time I decided to be more careful and discerning in my selection of an instruction. During this period my pastor quoted the 19th century English preacher Charles Haddon Spurgeon during one of his more fiery sermons...it marked the opening of an entirely new chapter in my life. A short time later I inquired about Spurgeon and was directed to a book he wrote entitled 'Lectures to My Students'. I had never read such a book before; I would have great difficulty expressing the strange inward delight it brought me. I sensed that I was moving toward what I had longed for since I was a child, namely a theological bedrock on which I could not only rest my faith but even build a ministry..."

Reddit Andrews, III was born in Hartford Connecticut and dramatically converted to Christ December 1987, seven months after marrying Nadine Cook of Jamaica. They have two children, Felice Brionne and Shannon Nicole.

As a student, Reddit has enjoyed an active academic career, serving as student chaplain, spiritual life advisor, Dean of Chapel at Trinity International University, Deerfield Campus, and as President of the Association of Believers for Black America in Illinois. Reddit also founded Coram Deo, a student fellowship that ministered to halfway houses, rescue missions and prisons throughout South Florida. Reddit was awarded a B.A. in Biblical Studies from Trinity International University, South Florida Campus in 1997 and a Master of Divinity from Trinity Evangelical Divinity School in Deerfield, Illinois in 2000.

He has served as Assistant Pastor at First Baptist Piney Grove, Fort Lauderdale Florida, and Assistant Pastor at First Presbyterian Church, Augusta, Georgia. In November 2001 he was called to serve as Senior Pastor of Soaring Oaks Presbyterian Church, in Elk Grove, California, were he currently resides.

No comments:

Iron Sharpens Iron 30 Day Archive

"As iron sharpens iron, so a man sharpens the countenance of his friend"- Proverbs 27:17