Saturday, October 31, 2009

ISI Mailbox



Here are some highlights from a letter written to Chris Arnzen, host of Iron Sharpens Iron:

Hello!

I listen to Iron Sharpens Iron over the internet (I live in Japan) and
happened upon a discussion Dr. Fred Miller had with Chris Arnzen in 2008.

I spent over 15 years in Rev. Moon's group, and was married to a man chosen for me by Moon. After 15 years, and after our first two children were born, I realized it was all based on lies and deception and left the group. My husband listened to what I had to say, and he had to admit it was all a lie too. We didn't even know if we should keep our marriage since it was based on Moon's decision! But we knew divorce wasn't an option with two small children and we somehow kept going. It was the most difficult time in my life.

Later on, the Lord led us to Himself through the Bible (and some books by CS Lewis) and we were baptized in a Christian church ten years ago. It hasn't been easy but somehow God has never let go of us, he has guided us to this day.

We now have 5 children, and live in Japan (I am American, my husband is Japanese), and are raising our children the best we can in a nation where Christianity is less than 1%!

I wanted to tell you this, because when Chris asked Dr. Miller if he knew people who had left, how they fared - I wanted to let you know there is hope! I hope our story can be a help to others you may meet.

I am SO GLAD Dr. Miller is trying to alert pastors and ministers to the truth of the many front groups used by Rev. Moon to get into the churches.

No comments:

Iron Sharpens Iron 30 Day Archive

"As iron sharpens iron, so a man sharpens the countenance of his friend"- Proverbs 27:17