Thursday, September 17, 2009

Thomas McGovern: Jehovah's Witnesses: Their History & Doctrine

.
MP3 Available Here

Thomas McGovern, founder of Dispel the Darkness Ministries , will address the theme: "Jehovah's Witnesses: Their History & Doctrine".

In Tom's own words:

"As I write, I am moved to great humility and gratitude before God, because He has delivered me from bondage to a cult. I spent nearly thirty years as a member of Jehovah’s Witnesses (JW). I was a follower of men and I have to confess that it was my own immaturity and lack of biblical discernment that allowed me to be deceived. I had, prior to my involvement with the Witnesses, placed faith in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. But I was young and stupid, and worse, I was not diligent in the Word. So, when the Witnesses came along, the things they said seemed very reasonable and I accepted their teachings and practices as – what seemed to me at the time – the correct way to spend my life in service to God...

"...Thinking back to that day at 13 years old or so when I gave my life to Jesus, I realize that He has been with me ever since. JW’s in general don’t have the relationship with Jesus that I always felt. I always knew that He was central – in the minds of most JW’s, he’s a minor character. But He was always there with me, by my side. I always felt His love, and I know He is the one who brought me to where I am now... (
Read complete testimony here).

During this program we will also be promoting an upcoming event that our guest Tom McGovern will be participating in Friday, Saturday & Sunday, October 16 - 18: the Witnesses Now For Jesus Convention, to be held at the Blue Mountain Christian Retreat in New Ringgold, PA.
For more details click here.

Hear Tom's personal testimony of conversion out from the Jehovah's Witnesses into Biblical Christianity (given during a previous "Iron Sharpens Iron" broadcast) by clicking here.

No comments:

Iron Sharpens Iron 30 Day Archive

"As iron sharpens iron, so a man sharpens the countenance of his friend"- Proverbs 27:17