Sunday, October 12, 2008

ISI Mailbox

Here are some highlights from a letter written to Chris Arnzen, host of Iron Sharpens Iron:

Hi,

I'm a listener living in England (I'm from Okla, but married an Englishman) and I appreciate your show very much. I listened to Tues and Wed.'s shows just yesterday and found them both interesting. There are so many other shows you've done that I have also found interesting or helpful, too many to mention! But I will say that one on Womanly Dominion was very good; it made me get up and see if I could tackle the problem with our dishwasher (to take womanly dominion over it!) - I didn't manage to solve the problem but I think it was good to try again before calling the repairman! I hope to be able to get those books.

I wanted to say, after hearing of the fact that your website is blocked at some library, that also sometimes our NetNanny blocks or warns us (depending on the setting) of your site, because of "Hate/Violence" ! It does not always do that (today there was no problem) and I am at a loss as to why it does flag your site,
except perhaps you have some words in your synopses that bother it.

OK, I've just clicked "older posts" at the bottom, and the page that was to come up was blocked for "Adult/Mature" and "Hate/Violence" (I can unblock it - I trust your site!). A quick look through the first few podcast synopses on that page makes me think that at least one of the issues is your post on the violence in India, especially a description of murder/torture of a priest and nun. There may be other things, but that is the one I found first.

I don't know if that will change how you write your synopses, but now you have a little more feedback with which to make a decision.

Of course, the library in question may have NetFinney installed! (http://tominthebox.blogspot.com/2007/01/net-finney-guards-families- against.html )

Again, I really appreciate your show.

in Christ
Karen



Dear Sister Karen,

Greetings from the USA! I am delighted to hear that "Iron Sharpens Iron" has another listener in England. My audience appears to be growing over there. Thank you for your encouraging words. I passed on your email to Pastor Mark Chanski who authored "Womanly Dominion" and I am certain he will be thrilled to hear of your enjoyment over his interview.

Thanks also for letting me know that your "NetNanny" sometimes blocks my program. I am not sure how that can be avoided but I will discuss the matter with my webmaster. Grace and peace, sister! Please keep listening and keep spreading the word about "Iron Sharpens Iron" in the UK!

In His grip,

Chris Arnzen
Iron Sharpens Iron
www.sharpens.org

No comments:

Iron Sharpens Iron 30 Day Archive

"As iron sharpens iron, so a man sharpens the countenance of his friend"- Proverbs 27:17