Sunday, September 28, 2008

ISI Mailbox

Here are some highlights from a letter written to Chris Arnzen, host of Iron Sharpens Iron:


Hello Chris,

I was pleased to find that you have a radio program on WNYG. I never listen to that, as most Christian stations these days lean towards theological teaching that I am not interested in.

The way I found your program was that, on a whim I was searching for Joel Nederhood. I used to get up early to watch Faith 20 and listen to the Back to God Hour on a regular basis. It was very instrumental in my faith as I left the Roman Catholic Church. I listened to the MP3 of the show with Nederhood that you did recently. I enjoyed it very much.

I did not go the reformed route, I went the Lutheran route (Missouri Synod) which I found to be faithful to the scriptures and Christ centered as well. (Although I respected reformed teachers on Family Radio [until Camping started losing his mind] and others like RC Sproul, Nederhood, Kennedy, Boice, etc) I am currently working full time at a Lutheran church as it's youth minister.

I attended those old debates with the Rev White and others that you ran back in the day. Are there any more of these? In this post- modern age, I find that the theological issues are not as big to people as is one's personal expression of faith and faith story.

Well I just thought I would send you this note. Blessings to you and keep up the good work,


Chris


Dear Brother Chris,

Thank you so very much for your encouraging words regarding my "Iron Sharpens Iron" radio program. I am delighted that Dr. Joel Nederhood's interview was particularly a blessing to you.

As far as Dr. James R. White's debates are concerned, you can get updates on all of his upcoming debates and speaking engagements at www.aomin.org. He has no immediate plans for a Long Island debate, but is frequently traveling elsewhere to debate, lecture and preach. Please pray that I will be able to find a debating opponent for Dr. White representing Roman Catholicism or one of the major cults who is prominent enough in his church or cult to warrant Dr. White's traveling to Long Island amid his already busy schedule.

Please keep listening to "Iron Sharpens Iron", and please spread the word about the program in whatever state you live in. I pray our Sovereign Lord uses you mightily in the lives of the youth whom you minister to at your Lutheran congregation. Please also pray for me and for "Iron Sharpens Iron". Without the financial support of more faithful advertisers sponsoring the program it cannot and will not continue to exist. Grace and peace!

In His grip,

Chris Arnzen
"Iron Sharpens Iron"
www.sharpens.org
(631)991-1226

No comments:

Iron Sharpens Iron 30 Day Archive

"As iron sharpens iron, so a man sharpens the countenance of his friend"- Proverbs 27:17